Friday, August 5, 2011

"When you're done with the Dramamine, could you please pass it over here?"

Howdy guys!
Well, I promised last time that I would blog about my adventures more, and that's what I'm going to try to do :) The kids and I just got back to into Kenosha last night. A big shout out to Cara Lehr for picking us up from the airport in Milwaukee! We had been out with band since Monday, and we had a very, er, interesting time . . . On Tuesday, the bus arrived in NY at Kingdom Bound Adventure Park, where Skillet had a concert. The kids and I spent all day in the park, standing in line for some very exciting rides. Oh, fyi: if you are standing in line for a ride called "The Grizzly Run," be sure your phone is not in your pocket. But, if it is, pray that Jesus will protect it like he did mine! We got totally soaked, but somehow my phone survived the experience! LOL. I'm dumb not to notice when something is a water ride, but in my defense, it was the end of the day and I was MEGA tired and kinda spacing out a bit, haha. In the end, we all had a great day though, and I got to see Rebecca St. James up close and personal, which was amazing. She is all kinds of pretty and so super nice!

Wednesday was a bit of a different story . . . Late Tuesday night, as the bus was driving us to New Hampshire, it had a blow out and also lost a hubcap. Well, through a series of unfortunate events that even Lemony Snicket would have been proud of, we finally made it to our destination. And we were only, wait for it, 9 hours late! Ahhh! We arrived at SoulFest in NH around 4pm. We were supposed to be there between 7-8am! John and Jen had interviews that had to be rescheduled, and it was a bit stressful on the bus that day. I mean, since we had already be driving all night, the driving all day thing had us all a bit on edge. We all had times of feeling slightly sick, and all the girls on board had headaches almost all day. Alex and I even said "yes" to drugs. Don't worry, it was only Dramamine :-) Anyways, Skillet finally made it to SoulFest, rocked face a usual, and then we all went to sleep.

Yesterday was my first time to fly home alone with the kids, and let me tell you, they were way less nervous about the whole situation than I was. I don't mind flying, and if I miss a flight or can't check my bag or anything like that I only have to worry about myself. Yesterday, however, I was stressing out for three people instead of just one! Now, don't look at me like that, somebody had to do it! All the kids were doing was "I can't wait for the plane!" "Can we have soda on the plane?" "What kind of snacks are they gonna have on the plane?" Ahhh! Needless to say, we had quite the time in the airport :) We were able to hang out with the Coops, the band, and most of the crew until around 2pm, then we all split off to get on our separate flights. Us back to Kenosha and the band a crew on a couple different flights to California for a show that's tonight actually. All in all, it was an adventurous day.

Hmmm, what else. Oh, I know! How about a funny Doggie story? Ok, here goes: my sister Ciera (love you sis!) is a HUGE Skillet fan. So, I had John and Korey sign her bday card this year and, of course, Doggie had to make it into something funny. He wrote something to the affect of "Listen to Skillet as a present to yourself--The Doggie." Ohmyword! But, he did sign it "John Cooper" in the end so she was still happy. Oh John L Cooper, sometimes your humor is WEIRD : p And he has started calling me "Super Nanny" now as well. Way to put some job pressure on me Doggie!

Korey is so awesome. I wish I was as strong of a person as she is. I literally cry if I spill milk, but she is just not that way :) She saves her emotions for rocking, which is something that I have just begun to figure out. It was easy for me to befriend John because he is more openly emotional, but I knew that Korey would have to grow to love and trust me first, then we just might be friends later. And now that she finally is my friend, I'm so beyond stoked! Most people are lucky is they get a hug or a handshake (heck even a fist bump, lol) from the HardKor right away (or ever) but, when I gave her her birthday gift a couple weeks ago, she liked it so much that she finally hugged me and she told me that the card made her cry. I was so happy that I CRIED TOO. But, you know when the first time was that I actually felt like were truly becoming amigos? This week on the bus we were both trying to find something in the hallway between the bunks, and as she passed me she gave me a friendly punch in the arm and said, "Hey, sup dude?" with a huge smile. That, my friends, is when it really hit me: "Korey Cooper is my friend now! This is AWESOME!" In the last few years, God has put me in the path of some truly amazing women, and I know it is because I have a lot I can learn from them. He has done this for me, I believe, so that I can feel like I finally have a "big sister" in the Lord that I can lean on and learn from. This all started with Mrs. Lezlie Lindsey, continued with Mrs. Heather Broeder, and presently resides with Mrs. Korey Cooper. I have learned (and am still learning) so much from these great women of faith. I love these women very much, and I hope that  I grow up to be even half the wives and mothers that they are.

Well everyone, that about does it for me this week. I can't think of anything else exciting, funny, or important that happened to us, so I think I'll quit while I'm ahead :)

Please remember to keep praying for me and the band, as this is a very busy time for us all. Even if it may seem odd, our jobs are a part of the ministry and they are equally difficult at times. Prayers are always appreciated! :-)

I will leave you with a Poem of King Davids "I will bless the Lord, who has given me counsel; yes, my heart instructs me at night. I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad and my spirit rejoices; my body too shall rest and confidently dwell in safety." (Psalm 16:7-9).

Love,
~Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment