Thursday, March 24, 2011

"The Doggy Likes to Rock!"

Hey guys!
Sorry I didn't post anything yesterday, but I was super-duper busy, tired, and I have a bit of a cold :( But, I have to press on because we are loading the bus tonight and heading out tomorow morning! Remember that one great rock show can change the world! Well, at least one great Skillet rock show maybe :-)
All of us grown-up type folks (well, and Jonathan :p) were hanging out watching LOST last night, and John was cracking us all up becasue he always says things like "are ya'll ready to rock this?" and such. Well, all his friends call him Doggy, or The Dog, and last night as we are about to start the DVD he says (well, really sings) "the Doggy likes to rooooock!: O. M. G. Just about one of the funniest things about this trip so far! 
Anyways, lots of fun was had by all :) He also told me that I rock, and I had to agree with him! lol. He told me that sometimes the other rockers that have shows with them are kinda tough because a lot of them on this tour aren't Christian bands, but he said he wasn't worried about me at all. He said "Brittany can probably handle it. She will be kicking a$$ and taking names! She can ask the questions later!" Alright Doggy! Let's get to this!!!! that makes me excited because He and Korey share the gospel on a regular basis with bands such as PapaRoach, Breaking Banjamin, and Stone Sour. All of these guys respond really well to John especially. He says that, for Skillet, sharing Christ with other bands is just as important a ministry for them as sharing with the fans is. In some ways, its even more important. In fact, John just told me yesterday how he shared Christ with the lead singer of PapaRoach, and that he has seriously considered accepting Christ! Rock on, Skillet, ROCK ON!!!!!
I'm pretty pumped about the trip, even though I feel icky right now, and I'm still a bit nervous about leaving. I'll be happy to travel in TX and KS so that I can see my friends and family.
I'm glad that I am fitting in, and that we are about to go share Jesus with so many people in such an awesome way! I'll try to post some pics from the road as soon as the exciting stuff starts to happen!

Until then,
Remember that the Lord is good and His tender mercies endure from enerlasting to everlasting!

Peace out Girl Scouts (and all you boy scouts too)!

~Britt

1 comment:

  1. You DO rock and I miss my sister :( Have fun!! You'll rock their socks off!

    ReplyDelete