Its day 5 of my journey with the Coops! Alex, Xav, and had a great day with our schoolwork, followed by some trampoline time and the park! John and Korey got back this evening, which made the kiddos happy. I'm glad they are back so that I can continue to get to know them better before the tour starts.
When the Coops came home they were glad that I had survived the weekend, so much so that John asked me "So, how was your first weekend as a single mom?" LOL! I told him that Xav already said he wanted to marry me and he told me that Xav never wastes too much time getting to the proposal :-)
The best thing that I have learned so far is that rock stars are people too . . . I was nervous that I wouldn't have any way to relate to them, but our common ground began with our love for Jesus telling and others about Him. That opened up so many other things for us to talk about!
For example, John and I both share a love for Atwoine Dodson and his lyrical skills ("You are really dumb, for real!").
Alex was sad that we all have to go on tour so soon becasue she likes having her parents at home, so to pursuade her John told her that we would be going to some really exciting places like Tulsa! Wait, Tulsa? Oklahoma? Exciting? Um, ok John Cooper, whatever you say dude. :p
Anyways, we are all getting pumped to get the tour rockin and start sharing God's love around the nation!.
The Coops and I also share a love for "School of Rock." :-)
So, as I sign off this 5th night of my introduction into the "blogosphere,"
let me leave you with the words of AC/DC:
We roll tonight
To the guitar bite
And for those about to rock
I salute you!
Now, as Dewy Finn would say "Let's get rockin!"
No comments:
Post a Comment