Friday, March 18, 2011

My life as a Rock Star (well, kinda) Day 2 . . .

Well, today was my first full day with the Coopers, and it was a fun and full one! We began the day with hugs and Lucky Charms, well the kids and I did lol. I had coffee with the grownups and discussed the plans for the day. Band practice was to begin at 10am, which meant that that's when the fun began with me and the "mini Coopers." When the band went to practice, the three of us amused ourselves by firstly jumping on the trampoline in the brisk Kenosha, WI air :) Then we read some book, colored many pictures, and cleaned our rooms. The kiddos are still on spring break until Monday, so the good times are rollin' until then! After lunch, we painted pictures, played outside again, grabbed a snack and watched Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith together. They like SciFi just as much as I do, if not more! I know, that's CRAZY!


I'm really loving these kids, and I am getting along great with their parents too. All in all, the Coopers are a really nice family. Everyone is super chill and they all love Jesus soooo much! Plus, they know how to rock it! It is so totally funny for me to walk through the house, and if there is a worship song on the radio or something playing, if John and Korey start singing, its like I have my own private "unplugged" Skillet concert. Dude, that's UNREAL to me! I'm so blessed my the Lord right now!!!!


John and Korey and I actually have more in common than I thought we would, which I'm stoked about. I mean, yes we all love Jesus and such, but the fact that I have been getting to quote "Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, and hide yo husbands!" with John Cooper is crazy to me!!!!! Ahhhh! lol, I'm so totally and pleasantly surprised :-) So far, this adventure has been majorly grand. I wish ya'll were here with me :( But, I'm glad I get to share my journey with you all.


I love you all and I will fill you all in on my day again tomorrow.


Love always,


~Britt

1 comment: