Howdy ya'll!
I hope everyone's Sunday is going well so far :) It has been a great day in Kenosha to worship the Lord, despite the fact that it has been raining on and off all day. The Doggie and HardKor got home this afternoon, and they are tiiiiiiired, lol. Its ok though, because that just means that they have been rockin' some very serious face lately.
The kids and I have had a great couple days at home. I really like to do arts and crafts with the kids when the Coops are out because there are always fun projects to do. And those of you who know me well, know that this can truly only mean one thing: frequent trips to Hobby Lobby! Yesssssss. Now, you may be asking yourself, "what is the most important lesson that she has learned from all this?" Well, I'll tell you: Puff Paint is the nanny's secret weapon! Don't get me wrong, Duct Tape is still high on my list (Alex and I have made some pretty legit art works with Hello Kitty Duct Tape), but paint of the sparkly, puffy variety goes a long way. With a little investment up front, numerous cafts can be planned. So far, we have painted t-shirts and aprons. The most popular designs? Star Wars! Ohhhhh Yeahhhhhh. Just yesterday, Alex painted a shirt with her original super hero design "Rainbow Girl" who just happens to come with her own planet. Xav chose a Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi theme for the back, with C3PO and R2D2 on the front. You just gotta love a kid who has good taste in droids :-)
And, speaking of Xav, we had an interesting car ride to church this morning. Ok, so we were driving along and both the kinds started accusing each other of cuttin' the cheese. I told them to calm down, and that obviously one pf them was fibbing, but it was ok because I didn't really care who did it, lol. I just wanted them to stop fighting while I was trying to drive, lol. But, in case you are wondering, it smelled FOUL in the car, but I couldn't roll down the windows because it was raining, haha. Anyways, long story short. I get to church and the Coop's Aunt Kim said that there are actually cabbage patches along that road that stink when it rains! The kids at the same time were like "ohhhh! that must have been that SMELL!" Oh My Word, FUNNY!!!
On a more serious note, church was amazing this morning and I loved the message. It was from Colossians 3:15-25, and it really made me stop and think about what that passage means for the family leading the Christian life, what it means for me as a single young lady, and how I need to understand these verses if I ever get married. The only "sure thing" that we have in this life on this side of heaven is to obey and trust God in our lives. In that, can we then have an abundant life.
So, I will leave you with something that I personally know for sure, without a single doubt in my mind:
God is good ALL the time to us. He loves us, and just like a parent He leads directs, and admonishes us. He does all of these things because He loves us. He knows what it best for us, and sometimes when He answers our prayers, He answers "no." So remember, just because you didn't hear a "yes" does not mean that he didn't answer you.
Love,
~Britt
You are a super nanny!
ReplyDelete