Thursday, August 18, 2011

"Hey guys, why is the trampoline wet?"

Hey ya'll!
So, its been a busy week so far. The band has been hard at work layin' down some new demos, which are awesome. I cannot share any of the details with you, for I have been  sworn to secrecy by Doggie, but take my word for it. They are gonna be wicked awesome! So, get ready for some new Skillet tunage comin' at ya in the near future . . . :-)


Overhearing new music and being able to put my two cents in (well, when they ask me, which sometimes they do!) has been the agenda this week. So, I've been watching the munchkins, running errands, and trying to help hold down the fort here in Wisconsin. The Coops leave again to do a couple shows tomorrow, and for once I'm glad the kids and I don't have to go because bus call is at 4:30am. I'm sorry, but that's just ungodly, lol. I mean, the Mini-Coops and I have swaggered out at 5:30am before, but 4:30 just makes me sad to think about! Ah, jk.


Hmmm, let's see if I have a funny story you ya'll today. Oh wait, I do! John told the kids that he would bounce with them on the trampoline, and they love it when he does that cuz he can bounce them waaaay higher that I can. Anyways, they were bouncing and playing this game that they made up called "Skillet Seat Drop." Which is basically jumping as high as you can into the air, and then dropping down as hard as you can to see how far you can bounce back up on your seat (sometimes they sing Skillet songs at the same time, hence the name of the game). Well, they were out there for a while so Seth, Korey, and I went out to watch. All of a sudden John is overcome with laughter and Xav and Viv are scrambling off the trampoline. Why you may ask? Becasue Alex bounced so high and was laughing so hard that she peed on the trampoline! HAHAHAHA! Doggie then says "Well, I guess that game's over." Understatement OF THE YEAR JOHN!!!!


Oh, I almost forgot about another funny thing that happened right after dinner. Xav has had a loose tooth for a while now, and he was sitting on the couch with Seth wiggling his tooth, but not really noticing what he was doing. All of a sudden he goes "Seph, (he can't always say his "th" sound) does it look like my loose tooth is weird?" Seth  goes "Well, did you just loose it buddy?" Xav: "Hmm, I don't know?" Seth: "Oh, here it is! Its on the couch!" Ohmyword!!! These children, I tell ya . . .  :-) Never a dull moment at the Skillet house, no sir.


That's all for now, sorry its kinda a short update. I'm sure I'll have better musing soon :)


Love and miss you all!


Love,
~Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment