Hey friends!
I'm sorry that its been a while since I posted anything, but I not only have I been busy, but the ENTIRE tour bus has been sick on and off with colds and sinus infections since last Saturday. We are all finally starting to feel better today. YAY! :-)
The shows have still been going well, and the band has been rockin in out for Jesus, colds or no colds. I'm quickly becoming used to "the road," and getting school done on the road is actually not as difficult as I thought it would be. Alex and Xav are very good listeners and learn well. They have teachable minds and spirits as well, which makes the treacher's job less worrisome from the start.
I'm also finding that it has been easy for me to become a part of the Skillet, er, well really the Cooper clan :-)
John and Korey are amazing people, and the more that I get to know them, the more that their love for Jesus shines through everything that they do. John was saying last night that the entire "Skillet" project has been about letting the Lord use them to wins souls for Christ that would never hear the good news otherwise. I have seen the proof that this is exactly what the Coopers are meant to do. The reaction of non-Christians to their music is absolutely phenomenal! God is using Skillet's music in great and mighty ways, and the fact that I get to see it and be a part of it, even in a small way, is a HUGE blessing to me. Its because of this, that Jonathan Salas has told me that I get to be a "rock star by proxy."
Tomorrow is a day off for everyone, and we are going to get to explore and hang out around Memphis some. Everyone is excited for that, most of all the kiddos! I'm not gonna lie, it makes me happy too! LOL.
Skillet is the only Christian band on the Avalanche tour, so its really exciting to get to talk to the other band memebers and crew who enjoy John and Korey's music. Last night as I was walking around backstage, I overheard some of the guys from Theory of a Deadman and StoneSour talking about Skillet's set list, and how they were so shocked that music with good messages and no course words rocked as hard as it does. Well, welcome to the truly awesome world of Christian rock music ya'll! But seriously, I hope that John and Korey have more chances to talk to those guys so that they could witness even more.
Please continue to pray that doors like these continue to open up for the band. The work that they are doing may not seem like it is all that important, but it truly is, and I have great faith in it and I greatly respect it. Everyone should have the chance to hear the truth about Jesus, even crazy rock bands and their fans. Maybe they seem to "dirty," or "hardcore," but it comes down to this "how much do you [as a Christian] have to hate another person to not tell them how to be saved from hell if you truly know in your heart that they are not going to heaven?" The bottom line of all this is that people in America deserve to hear about Jesus just as much as those in Haiti, Japan, or Africa. The Cooper's primary ministry is in the US and I'm down with that. Its like Korey was saying, that we are called to "sing until the whole world hears, but we all have to start somewhere."
Until the whole hears Lord we are calling out!
~Britt
Don't stress about posting. Blogs are supposed to be fun. When they're not fun, they shouldn't be done! I love you. Rock on!!!
ReplyDelete